EAP 59: Kimi Walker – How Self Care Helps You Reach Your Goals
Kimi takes a break from interviewing guests to continue this Early Accountability Podcast mini-series and provide her own insights about self-care. Self-care is important for setting goals, starting new endeavors, maintaining your sanity in the daily grind, and working towards becoming the best version of yourself. Setting aside this time for yourself brings you back to “ground zero” where you can be still and assess how things are going and can improve both your mental and physical health.
The specific benefits that Kimi mentions in this episode are:
• Rejuvenation from being alone – By putting yourself in “do not disturb” mode – literally and figuratively – you give yourself the space to recharge and fill your cup so you can go back out there and pour into others.
• Being more present – Self-care provides you with the proper perspective that you can only find by taking a step back from the chaos to process and refocus.
• Goal activation – Calming your mind to listen to yourself through meditation, art, writing, exercising, etc. is the best way to reflect on your potential, passions, and purpose and perhaps realign your actions and behaviors to match those goals.
• Increased productivity – One of the simplest but most neglected self-care practices is getting enough sleep. You will be amazed how much more productive you will be when you commit to consistently getting 6-8 hours of sleep per night. This new energy will improve your performance and give you the push you need to tackle your goals.
Topics Covered in this Episode:
• Benefits of self-care
• Improving your mental and physical health
• Optimizing your goal activation
• Having the right perspective