EAP 51: Kimi Walker – 3 (More) Reasons Why You Aren’t Reaching Your Goals
On this episode of the Early Accountability Podcast, Kimi continues her series on goal activation and the reasons why we fail to reach our goals. During the last episode, Kimi provided 3 reasons why people do not achieve their goals: (1) the wrong reasons, (2) lacking accountability, and (3) avoiding becoming uncomfortable.
Kimi’s next 3 reasons are:
- You are refusing to walk in your purpose. You might know exactly what you should be doing, either because you recognize your God-given talents or others have told you, but you are refusing to do it. Even if it is uncomfortable or unpredictable, you should be using your knowledge and experience to help others who are following in your footsteps.
- You don’t want to put in the work. It is sometimes easy to plan to do something, but when the rubber meets the road, you just don’t want to commit any time or effort into it. You can’t say that you want to be more financially secure but refuse the notion that you should get a second job. The quality of follow-through is a difficult one to develop, but it will serve you well throughout your personal and professional lives once you commit to it.
- You don’t want to change your inner circle.As your plans and goals change throughout your life, it will become necessary to surround yourself with new people who are on a similar life journey. This doesn’t mean that you have to completely ditch your longtime friends, but you should take advantage of the benefits that having a diverse inner circle can bring. People who don’t look, sound, or think like you but have similar goals can be very helpful to your growth and development. On the other hand, if you find that some of your friends have goals or values that are contrary to where you want to go, you should have the strength and integrity to distance yourself from them.
Topics Covered in this Episode:
- Goal activation and the roadblocks that sometimes get in the way
- Being true to yourself and your purpose
- Diligently putting in the work to reach your goals
- Intentionally crafting your inner circle
Connect with Kimi: