3 Reasons Why You Aren’t Reaching Your Goals
On this episode of the Early Accountability Podcast, Kimi continues the series on goal activation by discussing the main reasons why people do not reach their goals. Setting goals is important for personal and professional inspiration and motivation and provides the tools needed to overcome adversity.
- Setting the wrong goals for the wrong reasons.It is critical for you to recognize your “why” and analyze if you have the right motivations in your goal setting. If you set a goal based on pleasing others, fitting in, or having a “social media ideal” life, you will not be personally satisfied or fulfilled, so you should start out by setting goals for the right reasons.
- Lacking accountability.When you set long-term and short-term goals, you should build in some checkpoints along the way that will allow you to gauge your progress and make any necessary adjustments. A great way to do this is by talking with your goals with a coach, trainer, accountability partner, or group that will check in with you and help you stay on track. Additionally, blocking off time on your calendar to commit to your various goals and assigning deadlines to the items on your to-do lists will create an element of passive accountability and make your goals seem more achievable.
- You don’t like to be uncomfortable.Good goals will challenge you to get outside your comfort zone, because that is where you can truly grow. The more you step out and choose to be uncomfortable, the more confident you will be and the less you will listen to those around you who intentionally or unintentionally discourage you as you strive towards your goals. Establishing a mindfulness practice such as meditation, exercise, journaling, or spiritual activities will help you keep your emotions in check as you change internally.
Topics Covered in this Episode:
- The main reasons why people don’t reach their goals
- Setting the right goals for the right reasons
- Establishing an accountability system
- Overcoming discomfort to grow, change, and achieve
- Activating your goals
Kimi Walker is a school psychologist, philanthropist, coach, and wellness enthusiast with a track record of serving as a behavior change and improvement catalyst for individuals, groups, and organizations. Her formalized education, market research and tangible tools all cohesively work together to assist others in making the best version of themselves a priority.
As an Early Accountability Coach, Kimi Walker helps individuals, groups, and organizations identify barriers, create plans, and excel in new ventures in the delicate early implementation stages. Whether someone is trying to get the ball rolling as a solopreneur, lose the “baby weight”, or host a wellness event, she is able to equip individuals and teams with the tools they need to jumpstart their plans and sustain the results.
Connect with Kimi: